Challenges

Today was the first day of spring classes. I dislike the logistics of preparing for a new semester, ensuring transportation, securing funds, procuring books and materials, planning ahead for difficult classes, performing initial classwork, integrating my priorities into a new daily schedule, meanwhile my attentions are also diverted toward acquiring employment and troubleshooting an unstable BIOS and an uncooperative printer. I find it all very taxing, the abundance of imperative tasks that have no clear order or method by which to be performed.

Yet, I enjoy the strain in an almost masochistic way. It's like a muscle that is being strained in exercise. It's miserably unpleasant; the very intent is to cause damage up to the point of failure. The drive arises from knowing that the strain is the only way to obtain a new strength.

My classes are of a much greater cultural focus this semester. I hope that my time out of science classrooms does not leave my biochemistry rusty. I shall have to double my recreational reading of biology and chemistry related texts as to avoid this.


About this entry


0 comments: