Confounded and irritated

Why are some family members so insistent upon acquainting themselves with me? What is the purpose of establishing good relations and familiarity with me? Their convictions are not mine. Their goals do not intermingle with mine. There is no common ground to be discussed. We are not bound by custom, finances or history. There's nothing worthwhile to be exchanged between us.

The entirety of our relation merely consists of a handful of meetings or a genetic similarity only slightly higher than is normal. Why does that warrant further relation? They have no defensible reason to value me, or I them; we are distant and opposed.

Why can't well enough simply be left alone? Why can't I be rid of people who feel as though my time is owed to them or that they have unrestricted access to me? I want nothing but to live my own life and fulfill my own goals. I do not want this.


About this entry


0 comments: