The content of my diet.

For the last year and a half I have become progressively more and more conscious and aware of the things I consume. It makes sense that I should be. I want to be in absolute control of what I am, and molecule for molecule, we are what we digest, so I should aim to have full control over what I digest. Granted, most of the chemical structures that we take into our bodies will be there for only a short while, but it is a commitment that is extended with each meal. A dietary regimen is like a tattoo, the consequences of which, for better or worse, you'll have to live with for years. So why are people so careless about what they ingest; they should plan and conduct the act of eating as carefully and thoughtfully as they do any of their life altering undertakings

From my diet, I have eliminated red meats, acidic soft drinks, starches, sucrose, white breads, and white rice.

I have limited my intake of cholesterol, aspartame, fructose, carbohydrates in general, saturated fats, and calories to within a range of 1,200-1,400 daily.

I have substantially increased my consumption of fiber, proteins, multi-vitamins, water, fresh vegetables and antioxidant rich fruits.

In the future, I hope to begin taking dietary supplements to aid in filling the cracks of my nutrition, whereas up until now I have only taken them to alter my mood and daily rhythms. I would also like to begin to drink alkalized water and to start consuming oils and nuts rich in omega-3. With any luck, I can find an appealing source of vegetable protein.


About this entry


0 comments: